Finally back in Canada, i still keep beautiful memories from my trip in Ecuador. I will continue to publish some photos from this beautiful country, and sharing with you my new life here in Alberta, Canada.

Monday, June 25, 2012

La Tortilla - Meson tipico - Empanadas



La Tortilla is a restaurant of traditional Ecuadorian food. We went there a few days ago and it was really good, and really impressive also for me ...  see the pictures below 



I was questioning myself;
why the spoon and the fourk on the wall are so big?
"Maybe it's only to decorate" i said to myself ... 




Ok i'v got my answer! 
when the food came, i see the biggest empanada that i had never seen of all my life! 











In comparison with normal empanada, you can see an huge difference. 

The biggest one was an "empanada de viento" which means "empanada of wind" because inside, it's empty. They put cheese inside and it melts inside. 
The smaller ones were an empanada de morocho and beef (morocho is a special grain produced in this country). the taste was really good. The other was an empanada de arina negra, which taste like bread!  Was really good! 

 


This worker was doing tortilla of corn with cheeze ... 







No comments:

Post a Comment